Funding Policies and Research Values: Strategies, Prospects, Risks, Needs #
The Academia Europaea and the University of Trieste are the organisers of this one-day workshop, included in the “Cultures in dialogue” project of the AE, with the support of the Riksbankens Jubileumsfond (Sweden), and in collaboration with the Barcelona Knowledge Hub, the Southern European and Mediterranean office of the AE, whose aims include the promotion of multidisciplinary scientific activities that incorporate the perspective of the social sciences and the humanities.
The convenor of the workshop, to be held in Trieste on May12, 2014 is Prof. Ag. Cinzia Ferrini (MAE), Department of Humanities, University of Trieste. The venue will be the Aula Magna of the Scuola Superiore di Lingue Moderne per Interpreti e Traduttori (Via Filzi 14 – Trieste).
The aims of the workshop are the following:
- To examine the strategies to allocate public resources to support research projects by comparing the new policy’s trend and effects
- To explore the prospects for success offered by partnerships and the ‘network’ academic model
- To exhibit and examine the risks of linear financial cuts in state research funding
- To highlight the need for new life for research in the Humanities, through a funding policy which pays attention to its differences from the empirical and the exact sciences
- Official site of the event
- Press release with the conclusions of the workshop including some pictures of the event and further information
- Workshop Abstracts