GEOLOGY AT DIFFERENT SCALES#Date: 25-28th August 2015
Venue: University of Belgrade - Faculty of Mining and Geology, Belgrade
Organizers: University of Belgrade - Faculty of Mining and Geology, Serbia; Academia Europaea; University of Utrecht, and Serbian Geological Society
The University of Belgrade - Faculty of Mining and Geology in association with Academia Europaea, University of Utrecht and Serbian Geological Society will host a workshop entitled “Geology at different scales” on the August 25th-28th, 2015.
The workshop aims to bring together European Geoscientists such as geophysics, sedimentology, hydrogeology, computational geodynamics, geothermics, economic geology, who are studying the earth forming processes from different points of view at various observation scales (from thin section to lithospheric scale modelling). Furthermore, the event will promote interdisciplinary research in geosciences and to strengthen the collaboration within national and international geoscience communities.
Special aim is bringing up a new generation of PhD students and young researchers with a truly interdisciplinary background and shaping new ways of thinking that are conductive to cross-disciplinary breakthroughs.
The program will include one-day workshop lectures (August 25th) followed by poster exhibition at the University of Belgrade - Faculty of Mining and Geology and three days excursion (August 26-28th) through the Đerdap (Iron Gate) Gorge. The number of participants for excursion is 20.
Confirmed keynote speakers:#
- Prof. Dr. Sierd Cloetingh (Utrecht University, Netherlands, President of the Academia Europaea);
- Prof. Dr. Zoran Stevanović (President of the Serbian Geological Society, Serbia)
- Prof. Dr. Veljko Milutinović (University of Belgrade, Serbia, AE member)
- Prof. Dr. Aleksandar Grubić (Serbian Geological Society, Serbia)
- Dr. Aleksandra Maran (Museum adviser, Natural History Museum, Serbia)
- Dr. Jeroen Smit (Utrecht University, Netherlands)
- Dr. Miodrag Banješević (Technical Faculty Bor, Serbia, and Senior geologist in Reservoir Minerals)
Please send us a non-binding statement on your interest in participating in this event and
poster exhibition until 20. July 2015.
Nevena Andric firstname.lastname@example.org
Vladimir Simic email@example.com
Download the document